Saturday, April 2, 2011

Flashcards Update: Congressionals and Court

The new Congressional Brief and Phrases Flashcard Set is coming along steadily. It now contains 214 official Sten Ed Flashcards. I'm not adding my own personal dictionary entries into them though, but I'll list the new briefs I've found or made up if you'd like to look at them or use them. Suggestions always help! So If you know a source for briefs or have some of your own feel free to comment. I consider this a group effort, especially with Court Reporting Bound, Steno Poet, and Depomans' suggestions.

From the Congressional Briefs I've looked up I also found ones that would also benefit the Jury Charge and Q&A Flashcards of Briefs and Phrases set, so I added them in. The Jury Charge Set now has a total of 360 official Sten Ed Flashcards, and for those with time constraints there are only 264 of them flagged. Hope you enjoy!

Another great place to get briefs is NCRA's Steno Briefs Page, and I will probably hit them up next for getting more custom briefs for Congressionals. So far though looking up words that are listed just to double check is really helping find shorter, and official, briefs from my theory so I don't know how many I'll develop on my own. I'll list them though!

Here are the ones I developed or took from Downey CSR's Briefs and Phrases Sets. I haven't gone through all the sets yet, and some of these I made on my own. Only use these briefs and phrases if they are compatible with your theory and your software! A lot of these I derived from other Steno Sets in my own dictionary, so they go along with the Sten ED theory well.


AL/LAOEUS    allies
BAOUR    bureau
BAOUR/KRAES    bureaucracy
D*EM    Democrat
DEM    democrat
IND/PENSi    independence
IND/PENT    independent
KLOURS    Clerk of the House
KON/SNUS    consensus
KONGS/NAL    congressional
KUMT    incumbent
MAUJ    majority
MEK    Members of Congress
MEKT    Members of the Congress
NAKT    enact
NAKT/-MT    enactment
R*EPBL    Republican
REPBL    republican
SK-FRNS    subconference
SKM-T    subcommittee
STAOUNL    constitutional
STIT/WENT    constituent
STIT/WENTS    constituents
SUB/SDAER    subsidiary
THOR    author
TR-RB/RER    treasurer
W*FPLT/W*FPLT    World War
Ways and Means Committee    WAIMS

No comments:

Post a Comment