Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Day Eight - I'm Alive!

I know you all haven't heard from me in sometime because of the fact I headed out to see some family. I stayed with my aunt with my mother so we could play with my baby cousin. He is growing up so fast and he is trying to get my name down. I'm 'MAOEU MAOEU' in sound, which for those who aren't in my theory is sort of like 'My My'. I think its sort of cute, but it makes me irritated that on Sunday he got my brother's name down in one try. Then again, my brother usually doesn't give him attention and cruelly ignores how desperate the baby wants to play with him. So the baby has to work extra hard to get his attention.

Saturday night was torture though. I didn't realize my aunt was addicted to leaving the wood burning stove on at night to keep the house warm and leaving the floor heaters on. I realize she lives in the mountains and it gets really cold there, but my goodness we were baking. She also leaves the baby's music on and turns up the baby monitor, so we have to hear it too at night. I didn't sleep at all, because my nose stuffed up from the wood burning all night long and how hot it was. I ended up on the couch, but hey I finally got to play with my baby cousin and he enjoyed it.

He didn't realize we had stayed the night though, and I scared the bajeebers out of him when I snuck up behind him and ticked his sides. He thought it was hilarious, and had a good time throwing pillows, showing us the rabbits and horses outside, and running around. I guess we wore him out so much that when he went to his grandparents house after we left he crashed out on their floor. That's really hard to do too! Usually he gets second wind and starts terrorizing the house. I felt proud.

I had school the next day so I didn't get on. I was too busy trying to get my stuff together, like my new Hello Kitty binder since my old limegreen one fell apart, and figuring out what to take and what not to take. Of course, I took my dictionaries and my finger drill book but I left my theory books behind. It felt really weird, and it was funny to know that the other girls brought their theory books along with them just because it was weird not having their books in their bag.

I am so happy that my work load has downsized, so I have a lot more time to practice on my own. Instead of having rip and read due every day we head into class we only have it due on the next Monday after it was assigned. We have five hours of audio due, which means 1 hour on Monday, 2 hours on Wednesday, and 3 hours on Frinday. Whats great about it is that we have choice from our school's audio database online! No more audio CD's with a freaking monotone voice. On top of that we have 2 weeks to turn in transcript takes instead of just one week, so we have more time for everything so we can focus on weak points in our writing if we want to. I'm so thrilled! Now I realize why the higher-speed students looked at us with pity. They were so much more independent than we were and free from the iron, guiding hand of theory.

Today I have to get 3 hours done of audio done before tomorrow, but hurrah I get to choose what I want to turn in now!

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had so much fun with your baby cousin. :)

    And it does seem that the amount of homework cools off a bit after theory in some ways. I'm glad your workload has lessened, and that you're able to focus more on the things you want to practice. Have a happy practice session! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Its a huge relief, even though 3 hours of audio in one night was more than I was used to. We did a lot more rip and read and hard copy work than audio, so I really have to get used to sitting here that long. Goodness my back hurts. I'm going to bed!!

    And it was a happy practice session! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the new database I have access too now! If I could share with you guys I would, but I don't want my tuition to go up because all of a sudden we have bandwidth flooding on our school server.

    ReplyDelete