Friday, March 25, 2011

Day Seven - Frustration, Frustration, Frustration

Yesterday really sucked. I decided I was going to go for perfect notes from my Legal Terminology book. The chapter I was going over, chapter one, was going over different courts and had terms in it like 'writ of certiorari' and was impossible. I was very frustrated when I had it all done and perfect in the vertical notes, only to realize all notes you make even if you didn't save them into the file are recorded and save into manage notes.

I was unsure how to fix this and posted a very frustrated post on Depoman, hoping that I'd wake up the next morning and get some nice answers. Unfortunately when I checked this morning I didn't get a lot of responses except from a few select few I know I can always depend on when I have a question, and bless their souls for putting up with me and my sick, twisted sense of humor and comic relief. The rest didn't exactly like my Jeff Dunham reference joke and took that as anti-sentiment towards Stenograph. Cindi, who is very popular and well liked, was kind enough to stand up for me. She understood I was just frustrated and was trying to laugh it off.

They don't seem to understand that I know there's a lot of Stenograph representatives and people there, but when I critic a company or software I don't base it in their power or the people behind it. I base it on if the software works and if the services it provides are good for what I need it for. I was mostly frustrated because I couldn't follow their help desk guide to manage notes, which failed to mention that the manage notes features were not included and I couldn't fix them unless I had a professional version. I soon explained that, but if that doesn't cool things over I always have my trusty blog. If they don't like what I have here, don't read!

I'm not shy about my opinions. I deal with and understand others' opinions well enough, I don't see why they can't deal with mine. Oh well, I just take it at face value and move on. I come out of it a little bit wiser and nothing is better than honesty. Honesty is the best policy, and hiding behind political correctness isn't my way. I suppose I'm always leaning too much weight on broken reeds, but its never done me harm.

As for today, the good news was I got a 4.0 on my grades this quarter! I got A's on all my classes, and got even an A+ in my Legal Terminology class. Its fantastic to know I did well, even though I took an extra class that pretty much sucked the life out of me. Instead of only taking the usual 3 classes, I took 4 because it was the same price as 3 and I figured I'd have the time. Boy was I wrong, but somehow I made it though. "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade, then go find someone who's life has given them vodka and have a party." -Ron White

Anyway, I did some updates and tomorrow I'm heading out to go see my aunt and her precious baby. I love that kid, he's my world. Though I admit he scares me to death. He's only 2-years-old and already knows how to get his own food, thinks he can cook, fetches his mother steak knives (OMG!!), and one day decided it would be funny to throw a flashlight through his grandparent's window. I just hope my machine doesn't get the brunt of the damage one day... If he snapped the keys of my laptop I'd probably snap his fingers. (Not really)

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the 4.0! That's such a great accomplishment. I'm taking a legal terminology class too (the second part, which I don't much care for). I'm not exactly familiar with what program you were working in. However, I am sorry you were having a problem with it. I hope you'll be able to get some good advice on how to figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm sorry, but I assumed it was a program for your legal terminology work. But now I think you might be talking about CaseCatalyst. I got a bit confused.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I'm talking about CaseCatalyst. Sorry I wasn't so clear in my writing, I tend to think people understand what I say. Legal Terminology is pretty easy if you can get all your terms down for the tests. Just do flashcards and a lot of reading from the book. I can an A+ on it, so I did well. Oh and if they ever offer extra credit no matter how time crunched you are make sure to do it just to back you up if you don't get an A on a quiz!

    ReplyDelete