Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Day Five - Movies!

So I decided to follow my doctor's advice, and so I left my burnt hand alone. Second degree burns are serious stuff and I really don't want any scaring or any more blistering than I may have in the future. So today I started going through my DVR and watching some stuff I've really been neglecting to watch. Its 71% full still, even though I watched quite a bit today.

I have a thing for Comedies and Horror movies. I know, odd combination, but I find both strangely hilarious. I watched some Bill Engval Comedy-Specials. Between him and Jeff Foxworthy I find a relation, because my family is sometimes like what they describe. Jeff Foxworthy has the kids described, and Bill Engval has the rest described. The stuff Bill's wife puts him through is just awful, but makes for a fantastic laugh. I also watched Jon Reep's Methro Jethro with my mother and I was dying. His Gym-Nakedness Etiquette is hilarious, and when he starts talking about his father's very poor choices I die.

For example, his father makes up half of his skit. I can totally relate, since my father isn't the wisest man on the block.But like any good man he tries, he just does a fairly bad job sometimes. One day we were all in the house just relaxing when my father decided he was going to drain our inflatable pool "the fast way." He decided he was going to cut a slit in the side of the pool, and through that small cut it would slowly drain away-- or so he thought. All of a sudden we heard "Holy S***!" and this huge rush of water. Here comes my father running into the house with this wave of water from the split pool following behind him.

Our backyard was probably flooded with about 4-5 inches of water and was slowly draining into our neighbors' yards. My father warned both of them, and neither really cared. One needed their yard watered anyway, and the other had a water pump to get the excess water out of his pool. My father still can't live it down, and so every time Jon Reep starts talking about his father I immediately imagine my father doing the same thing. My mother, who was in tears watching his stand-up, did the same thing.

As for horror, I decided to watch 'The Exorcist' which was the extended cut Spike put out. It was pretty good, but curse those damn advertisements. They just have to put the advertisements three or four notches of volume above the movie to make sure you're awake and watching their advertisements. I always imagine some guy screaming into a megaphone "Hey! You should buy our products! HEY!" when I run into these. Thank goodness for mute and fast forward on the DVR.

I also managed to take a shower without screaming with my burns. I did pretty well I think, but I didn't allow my burns to touch the hot water directly. It was interesting washing my hair with one hand. I'm hoping it is a experience I never have to repeat again. No more microwave burns...

No comments:

Post a Comment