Thursday, March 31, 2011

Flashcards: Work in Progress

I'm working on getting some Congressional and Legislative Terms into my flashcards. A new set, which will be called StenED Congressional Briefs, is a work in progress. It will take me a long time because all of these briefs, phrases, and words I'm having to look up on my own. I'm also going to have to create a lot of these long phrases on my own because Sten Ed doesn't have briefs for them. Luckily we have Brief-It in Case Catalyst, so I'll start working on conflict free legislative terms on my own. If you guys have any terms or briefs you have for Congressionals, even if you created them on your own, please let me know! I'll not only add them to my dictionary, providing they are conflict free with my dictionary, I'll add them to my flashcards. You'll get full credit for what you provide!

You can go ahead and check them out (click here), but note that its a work in progress and will take me a long time to complete. I'm doing everything manually in searches because my school hasn't provided us Congressional Briefs, and the reason is is that there aren't very many.

One I created on my own:

Clerk of the House - KLOURS, because Clerk of the Court is - KLOURT

3 comments:

  1. I've been searching for congressional type material (as far as hard copies go) online... just to see what I can come up with. So, these cards are a great resource. Thanks for posting them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your welcome. I'm going to try to come up with as many as I can, but so far not having a whole lot of luck. If you find any give me an e-mail would you? nev.e@live.com

    ReplyDelete